Are you still scratching your head thinking about how to make brushing fun for your children? If your child’s dental hygiene isn’t the best one till now, it is high time to step up your game. Here in G.K GURUKUL SCHOOL we teach them about oral health and about that sparkling smile which can lighten up an entire world every day. A good oral health can have so many wonderful life- changing benefits for you and your kids which you have not imagined. It is very mandatory to take care of your child’s gums and teeth which obviously means to brush their teeth and floss regularly twice a day. You will have to be gentle when you brush or floss their teeth to avoid bleeding gums or any other tooth problem.
These few steps are the best and easiest ways to help you remember how to care for your kid’s mouth, teeth and gums-
1. Brush at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste for at least two minutes, especially first thing in the morning and before bedtime.
2. Floss every day – usually at bedtime (when their teeth start to fit closely)
3. Take them for a dental visit every 6 months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
Brushing your teeth at least twice a day should be an integral part of your day, just as its vital you eat. There are many benefits why it’s important that you brush your teeth twice a day, some of the benefits are obvious whilst others are less commonly known. Here are few benefits: -
1. Maintaining a fresh breath: When you don’t brush your teeth regularly, bacteria may build up in the mouth which can cause a variety of problems. To prevent bacteria building up, make sure to brush your teeth twice a day.
2. Prevents gum disease: You are at risk of plaque build-up on the teeth when you don’t brush often. Plaque is an accumulation of bacteria and food that occurs in everyone’s mouth. However, this plaque can lead to Gingivitis, a yellow lining on the base of the tooth that meets the gum. This is often the first stage of gum disease which causes inflammation of the gums and bleeds when you brush them.
3. Removes teeth stains – Toothpaste contains mild abrasives that removes debris and surface stains that include calcium carbonate, aluminum oxides dehydrated silica gels, phosphate salts hydrated and silicates.
4. Reduces your chances of getting a heart attack or stroke – The Bacteria build-up from your mouth can travel down into the bloodstream, increasing the likelihood of cholesterol build up in the arteries. This can therefore elevate the chances of getting a stroke or heart attack.
5. Saves you money – Curing is always more expensive than the cure, and is usually a lot harder work! Brushing your teeth twice a day will not only improve your gum and teeth health, but it will help in preventing problems in the future, ultimately leaving you with reduced dental bills.
6. Have a healthy baby – Gum disease has been shown to increase the chance of premature birth and low birth weight. If you are pregnant, keep in mind that the bacteria build-up from in your mouth from not brushing your teeth can get into the bloodstream of your baby, putting them in risk. It can also be one of the many causes of delayed conception and impotence.
7. Prevent Dementia – Some studies have shown that Poor gum health increases in your risk of developing dementia by a 30% to 40%.Those 3 minutes of brushing, twice a day can really save your life and prevent many serious diseases!